HostGator is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry. However in recent times, many other hosting companies are offering better service, performance, and support, it’s probably a good choice for entry-level but If you are looking for great hosting you can rely on look somewhere else.
User Review( votes)
HostGator is one of the largest web hosting companies, offering a wide range of hosting plans including shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, and managed WordPress hosting. We are happy customers of HostGator since 2015, and they many of our sites. Read our expert HostGator review to decide if it’s the right choice for you.
Hostgator Pros and Cons
HostGator is our top recommended web hosting company because we use it for our own website, but it may not be the best choice for everyone. Consider these pros and cons before choosing a plan.
- Fast Managed WordPress Hosting – HostGator’s WordPress cloud hosting includes a free CDN for incredibly fast loading times.
- 24/7 Guaranteed Support – HostGator encourages customers to request the CEO to answer their support ticket if necessary.
- Flexible Billing Periods – You can choose to pay for 1, 3, 6, 12, 24, or even 36 months at a time. You’ll get a larger discount if you pay for at least a year in advance.
- 45 Day Money Back Guarantee – HostGator offers a generous refund period so you can try them at no risk.
- Great Support Response Times – You can contact the=m 24/7 any time includes live chat, phone, email, traditional mail.
- No Free Domain Registration – Some hosts offer a free domain registration for new accounts, but HostGator does not.
- Slow Speed -Many customers complained about slower websites on shared hosting.
- Support -Hostgator support used to be a great decade ago but these days you might end up scratching your head with longer wait times for them
The hosting company grew quickly from the beginning thanks to their reliable web hosting and quality customer service.
Today they have headquarters in Houston, Texas and host over 8 million domains. They have 850+ employees that offer around the clock support and service businesses of all sizes.
HostGator Hosting Plans
HostGator offers a range of hosting plans for customers of every size, from beginner bloggers to larger businesses. Their plans include shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, reseller hosting, and WordPress hosting.
All of their shared hosting plans include 1-click installs for WordPress and other popular applications. You will get unmetered storage and bandwidth, and unlimited email addresses. You also get hundreds of dollars in marketing credits, so you can advertise your new website on Google and Bing.
HostGator also offers WordPress optimized hosting. They have three plans available: Starter, Standard, and Business. The plans differ based on the number of sites you can host, your visits per month, and the storage space you need. HostGator’s managed WordPress hosting is built on their cloud hosting and comes with Global CDN for lightning-fast loading times.
HostGator’s managed WordPress hosting also includes:
- A simplified WordPress cloud interface
- Automatic site backups with one-click restores
- Automatic WordPress core and plugin updates for security
- Free automatic malware removal
- Free site migration from your old hosting company
The WordPress Business plan also includes a free 30-minute one-on-one WordPress consulting session with an expert WordPress developer to answer any questions you may have.
In our HostGator review, we found that HostGator is an ideal host for growing businesses since they have a variety of hosting plans to suit all your needs.
Support and Customer Service
HostGator provides customer support 24/7 via phone, live chat, and email support tickets.
Some customers report longer wait times for live chat support. In our experience, we have always found HostGator support to be helpful and quick to respond when using phone support as well as email support.
Every HostGator account is fully guaranteed by the CEO, Adam Farrar. If you ever have a problem with the regular support, you can ask that your ticket is assigned to Adam.
He actually does respond. It’s amazing when the company’s CEO cares that much!
Money Back Guarantee
HostGator offers a generous 45-day money back guarantee, which is longer than most hosting companies. You can give HostGator a try for full 45 days. If you cancel within that period, you’ll get a full refund of your hosting fees.
The refund does not include any domain registration fees since the domain is yours to keep.
HostGator boasts a 99.9% uptime guarantee for shared and reseller hosting accounts. If your hosting has downtime that falls short of the 99.9% uptime guarantee, you can contact support to receive a one month credit on your account.
Planned server maintenance doesn’t count as downtime, and the credit must be approved by HostGator. Be sure to check the terms of service for details.
Is HostGator Right for You?
Now that you have read through our entire HostGator review, you might be wondering whether HostGator is the right web host for you.
After reviewing HostGator services in detail, we are awarding them with the title “Just okay Hosting”.
HostGator offers a wide range of plans that are perfect for any size business, with plenty of options to upgrade
HostGator is one of our top choices for hosting your business website.