Let’s be honest. There is No such thing called “Best Hosting”. You need to find out the right one for your needs and fits perfectly for your website and Business requirement. I know it’s not an easy task in the crowded market.
Actually, it’s almost like finding a needle in the haystack.
The primary categories you should analyze when choosing a web hosting apart from your very specific requirements includes Reliability, Performance, Support, and Security. After all, these things are a backbone of any successful website.
However, there are also a few other areas where web hosts can set themselves apart from the competition. Like additional plan features, which can positively contribute to their overall rating. SiteGround has a few, which we’ll dive into later.
If you are on this page most likely you are looking for the Siteground review. So, Let’s dive in and find out why or why not Siteground is best for you.
Siteground founded in 2004 and currently servicing more than 500,000 domains worldwide. It provides shared hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated servers. Currently, the company employs over 400 people.
SiteGround headquarter are in Bulgaria and they have Datacenters in 4 different locations include Chicago, London, Amsterdam, and Singapore to serve markets across the globe. It is also recommended hosting by WordPress developers.
When a visitor searches for something online or types the website address in the browser, the request goes back to the server where you host your website and how fast website opens depends on how fast server responds to request and give files to the browser so an end user can see your website.
Server speed is not one switch which can be turned ON/Off. It depends on technology hosting company foundation is built on and how well they use the mix of other latest technologies available.
It’s hard for very old players in the Industry to completely change their infrastructure with latest high-end tools. Especially If they didn’t care at the beginning.
Siteground offers, Mixture of SSD, NGINX, Super Cacher, MEMCACHED, PHP 7, HTTP/2, OPcache to bring you lightning-fast load times.
- SSD provide 1000x increase in input/output operations as compared to regular drives.
- Nginx ( an open source reverse proxy server for HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols, as well as a load balancer, HTTP cache, and a web server.
- Memcached (Open-source, high-performance, distributed memory object caching system)
- PHP7 (the latest and great revision to PHP. PHP7 is just bloody fast. They also let you choose between PHP 5.6 and 7 in their dashboard)
- Object Caching (Redis & Memcached full page caching)
- HTTP/2 (the latest and greatest protocol since HTTP/1.1. HTTP/2 features better multiplexing, parallelism, smaller headers, and more. It makes SSL faster.)
- Super Cacher Siteground built their our own caching mechanism based on NGINX reverse proxy. It speeds up dramatically the serving of the dynamic content of the sites too. SuperCacher also allows website speed optimization through Memcached and Google page speed. Learn how to activate the SuperCacher
I am currently hosting with SiteGround as you can see below my website loads in less than a half second. This is live website the one you are currently on with real content . Not just some kind of demo site with the default theme without any content.
2. Free SSL
Wait, Did I tell you it’s ‘FREE WILD-CARD SSL’.
If you don’t know what SSL or WildCard SSL is or why you need it: SSL certificate is basically a secure connection between a web server (host) and a web browser (client). This connection between the two makes sure that all the data passed between them remain private and safe.When SSL certificate installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol (over port 443) and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser.
What is WILD-CARD SSL
Wildcard SSL certificates secure your website URL and an unlimited number of its subdomains. For example, a single Wildcard certificate can secure www.iamexample.com, blog.iamexample.com, and store.iamexample.com.
Why you should Install SSL
and google does give https domains advantage over non-SSL. Also, it helps build trust with your customers. Many people like me don’t buy anything online with a non-secure domain.
An interesting thing is many companies do charge you up to $450 a year just for single wildcard SSL certificate. You can say that’s Big Bounce from Siteground
3. Support, You Can Fall In Love With
In short: Simply the best and fastest support you will ever find at a web host.
No matter how expert you are or which hosting company you are with, there is always a moment when you need your hosting company help to get things done.
They have some of the most helpful, and fast support technicians I have ever seen. who not just send you link to their knowledge base which has no relevance to your issue. The SiteGround staff actually solve your problem and explain to you what was wrong and how they fixed it. You have 3 benefits of this
- Your issue will be solved without any wait time.
- When they tell you what was wrong, You don’t make the same mistake again if the problem was on your end.
- When they tell you how they fixed the particular issue, It actually helps you to gain knowledge of the technical side.
Siteground chat response time is under a minute actually, even within just a few seconds for 24/7 and yes every single day. They don’t have anything called peak hours where you have up to 30 minutes to speak with someone and find out they just ask you to upgrade your plan without even trying to solve your problem.
Even Ticket Response Is Faster Than Live Chat Of Other Hosts.
I prefer Ticket system over chat(unless it’s urgent or just a quick question) Because I can explain more about the issue in a ticket. Their Average ticket response time is just about 8 minute. The last four tickets I raised were responded to in an average of 5 minutes, and all of them resolved immediately without I have to reply twice except Thak you note(Just Good Habits). That is just crazy amazing.
4. Site Staging
The SiteGround Staging tool is provided WordPress and Joomla users with an easy-to-use way to create and manage development copies of their websites.
Basically, you can copy paste your whole website in a matter of seconds and experiment with a new theme, or feature you would like to include on your website with testing version of your website. This way you will not be risking your website. If you don’t want to make experiments on your site that your visitors will see or even break it while developing a new feature
Please note this feature in only available for Go Geek Plans only
They have one of the best uptime figures going. As they promise 99.99% uptime but I personally never have problems.
A screenshot of my website uptime figures are shown below:
One of the reasons why their Uptime figures are so high is that they have built custom server monitoring software that can automatically resolve 90 percent of issues without human interaction.
They also track their servers in real time, not 1-5 minutes like other hosts. Furthermore, while other hosts can take the time to react to the downtime, you can see how their system can mean vastly less downtime.
6. Managed WordPress Hosting
That gives you the best of both worlds.
One of the special features that SiteGround plans include (which most other web hosts don’t) is managed WordPress hosting on all accounts.
What does this mean?
For a beginner, it simply means they’ll take care of common security holes with auto-updates, perform server-level maintenance, and even provide monthly backups for if (and when) a random occurrence might bring down your site. (Which is surprisingly common, like when two plugins don’t play well together and you’re met with the dreaded white screen of death.)
You’ll also get access to their WordPress SuperCahcer and free CDN with 34 locations to make sure heavy multimedia files are delivered quickly (ensuring your page load times don’t take a hit either).
But that’s not all. There’s also stuff for power users as well. WordPress staging environments are available, Git comes pre-installed, as is WP-CLI for easy command line management options.
For shared web hosting, they are one of the most proactive providers we know for ensuring the security of their servers. While most web hosts rely on third party software such as CloudLinux. The success of SiteGround is due to them creating their own system.
This gives them the talent pool within their organization to adjust and implement changes to new security threats, including rolling out fixes to prevent zero-day exploits (i.e. exploits that have just been discovered) threatening your website.
SiteGround’s servers run a system called Hive, which runs under their own brand 1h.com. This has the following features:
- Account isolation — Their shared hosting is more akin to a VPS hosting environment, in that each account is isolated from the others. Furthermore, the Linux system is modified to disable or change any commands or tools that might be used to hack the system.
- Hacked website detection — They have developed scripts to check for hacked content so that if the worst does occur, you will be notified. This is their add-on called Hackalert.
- 1H Hawk Intrusion Prevention System — This will identify any brute force attack (attackers trying to guess your passwords) against your website or services such as email.
- Monitoring — This is done in real time so that any threats are caught instantly. Furthermore, it monitors load, attacks including the network, hacking attempts, spam, abnormal resource usage and irregularities on a server level. This ensures not only is your website secure, but it won’t become sluggish due to attacks being made against other users on the server.
No Super Cacher For Starter Pack
Unfortunately, You will not get server level Caching Support for their starter pack (Cheapest option). But that doesn’t mean will not get good performance. In Fact, Starter pack is great for beginners. It’s time to build the reputation for your website and get good traffic.
Pricing + Quick Facts
Here’s a quick rundown of the hosting plans offered by SiteGround:
Shared Hosting: Their shared hosting comes with three main plans:
- The StartUp plan: This plan costs $3.95 per month and allows one website and 10GB web space. They recommend this plan if you get less than 10,000 visits monthly.
- The GrowBig plan: This plan costs $7.95 per month and allows multiple websites. It comes with 20GB web space, and they recommend using it if you get less than 25,000 visits monthly. This plan comes with 1 year free SSL certificate, 30 backup copies of your website and SuperCacher for improved speed. – This is plan am currently Using
- Their GoGeek plan: This plan costs $14.95 per month. It comes with 30GB web space and allows multiple websites. They recommend it for nothing more than 100,000 monthly visits. This plan also comes with SuperCacher for improved speed, 1 year free SSL certificate and 30 backup copies of your website.
All shared hosting plans come with a free email account, free domain name, free CDN and unlimited bandwidth.
- Free Domain: Yes! One of the only to do this.
- Ease of Signup: Very easy, one-page sign-up process.
- Payment Methods: Credit Card.
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: They charge a $14.95 setup fee if you pay for their shared hosting plans monthly instead of annually. Sad face :(. You’d be better of paying 1 year upfront to avoid that.
- Upsells: Few… Nothing too bad.
- Account Activation: Quick account activation.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: cPanel
- Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): Quick and easy install of popular apps and CMSs using Softaculous.
Do I Recommend SiteGround Hosting?
Most definitely. SiteGround is perfect for those who care deeply about customer support, while not sacrificing quick page speeds or impressive uptime either.
They also offer a bunch of additional features that might be perfect for you if E-commerce is your goal, or if you’d like security to be handled by someone else, and a free domain name sounds great.
Currently, their pricing is also on par with many other web hosts of lesser quality, so it’s the perfect time to act and take advantage. What are you waiting for?! Go www.SiteGround.com and sign up.
WpGlorify users get an exclusive 60% off discount. You can SignUp Now
If You would like to leave the rating for Siteground Please do so, You can choose the star rating above or you are more then welcome to leave a comment below.