Online tutoring and Learning plugins are also known as Learning Management System(LMS) and there are 100’s of them available to choose from.
Real Question is:
Which is the Best Online tutoring plugin?
I thoroughly used and checked many tutoring/ LMS plugins, check reviews from different sources and compare their features.
Finally, We Come to the conclusion and choose 5 Best Online tutoring plugins for your online learning management system.
Learn Press plugin allows you to create and sell online courses. The plugin is free and offers free add-ons. but does have some premium add-ons that require payment. The plugin can work with any theme, but LearnPress offers a theme designed to work with their plugin.
Does have some premium add-ons that require payment. The plugin can work with any theme, LearnPress also offers a theme designed to work with their plugin.
Does have some premium add-ons that comes at a cost. The plugin can work with any theme, Good thing is LearnPress also offers a theme designed to work with their LMS plugin.
- Create, Manage and Sell Online Courses.
- Communicate with your students
- Free Plugin and save you some money when you are just starting
- Supports WordPress Multisite
Price: Basic version is Free
LearnDash is a premium WordPress LMS plugin. It is also the easiest to use LMS plugin with tons of features.
LearnDash comes with multi-tier courses which allow you to easily create courses with lessons, topics, quizzes, and categories. It has drip feed content feature, so you can schedule course content for entire course duration.
You can give user assignments and then approve or comment on them. It also comes with quiz and test management tools with multiple question types. You can easily set prerequisites for students such as finishing a lesson first before going to next lesson.
There are multiple payment gateways available to accept payments like PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, etc. It also integrates beautifully with bb press, WooCommece, and WordPress membership plugins.
Price: Starting from $159 for a single-site license with 1 year of support and updates.
A learning management system plugin by WooThemes for creating and writing lessons and courses. They provided quick registration with WordPress registration facilities and some extensions for making things easier.
Some of the main features of Sensi are:
- It has been designed to work with any WordPress installation.
- Integrates with a well-known theme marketplace, WooThemes, and WooCoomerce (e-commerce plugin) for selling courses online.
- Quizzes with a combination of question types; True or False, Multiple Choice, fill in the gaps, short-answers, etc.
- Free extension available for creating certificates. It also comes with different designs for different courses.
- It creates a bank of questions and displays a random selection for learners when they’re attempting a quiz
Used by some big companies like CNN, Verizon Wireless, and the University of Kentucky. A learning management tool with unlimited courses, a modules addition with dynamic process page, question tagging and other features
- Drag and drop function that makes it easy to create courses. It also comes with many nice features,
- Includes a student progress visualizer.
- Course outlines, and customizable email notifications.
- Allows you to create a wide variety of quiz types, including multiple choice, true and false, open ended.
- Or Students can upload a file as their answer.
Price: Wp Courseware costs between the range from $99-$175, depending on the number of sites you will use it on.
A course and publications management plugin optimized to fulfill the needs of professors and researchers. It unites a course management system and BibTeX compatible publication management.
Some of its features include:
- Course lists can be export in XLS/CSV.
- Supports 6 languages.
- Publications can import in BibTeX format.
- For publication lists, enrolments and course overviews; easy shortcodes are available.
- Provides RSS feeds for publication.
Price: Starts from Free
I tried Learnpress and it’s a mess. Slow, bloated and lesson page is awful. LeanDash is freaking awesome. Works with almost any theme fast and elegant.