Are you looking for the best WordPress live chat plugin? Well, You come to the right place. I tested many live chat plugins in the past months and picked 10 best live chat plugins based on features, design, price, and support.
List of 10 Best WordPress Live Chat Plugins
- Tidio Live Chat
- Tawk.To Live Chat
- WP Live Chat Support
- Facebook Messenger Live Chat
- Live Chat by Formilla
- Zendesk Chat
- JivoChat Live Chat
Why you must have Live Chat Plugin
In short, So that customers don’t leave your site with unanswered questions.
If your customers have any doubt they can easily leave the question from any screen of your site and can get an answer in seconds(depends how fast you can reply or what plugin you are using).
Best part is
You can chat and try to help convert visitors by answering their questions.
You don’t have to be online all the time to answer any question, Your customers can leave their email and you can get back to them when you are available.well have a live chat and try to help convert visitors by answering their questions.
Yes, they can also ask any questions through email or through traditional contact forms. Well, then the only issue is Most of the time people don’t really bother to go to the contact page and fill forms to ask something.
Have a live chat and you can convert visitors to customers by answering their questions.
Tidio Live Chat
Tidio is designed specifically for the WordPress community. Once you install the plugin, you will be ready to take full advantage of the plugin and without any registration process and completely free.
The free plugin version is free for a lifetime, and it supports up to three users with live chat, email integration, Messenger integration, apps, unlimited tracking and more. That’s a pretty good deal, especially for small businesses.
You can upgrade to pro from $15 per month which includes features like live typing, Abandoned cart, Autoreply
- Keep track of who visits your website
- Contact any customer that is currently visiting your site
- Adjust the color scheme to your needs
- Use a dedicated app for mobile and desktop devices
- Offline messages form for your visitors to send you an email when you are not online
- Contact your visitors via email when they leave the chat
- Integration with Zendesk, GetResponse, SalesForce, MailChimp, and more.
- Premium plan cost $15
The plugin has a free plan which comes with very decent features and a premium plan starts from $15 per month.
Tawk.To Live Chat
tawk.to is absolutely free WordPress chat plugin. There aren’t any advertisements or spam elements that make the live chat box less attractive to work with.
it is not only a great chat plugin, but it looks so very good on your website. The amazing feature about the plugin is Real-time monitoring for checking in on your customers.
Pros of using Tawk Chat Plugin
- Highly-customizable chat module with tools for modifying details like colors, sizes, fonts, languages, and positions of the chat window.
- Support for an unlimited number of agents.
- Widget scheduler for setting exactly when the live chat widget appears.
- Free WordPress plugin forever.
- Chat plugin with ticketing built-in.
- Preset shortcut messages.
Disadvantages of using Tawk Chat Plugin
- Need to sign up for a Tawk account. you’re pretty much trading your information for the free plugin.
- Not many additional customization tools. Tawk has several, but some competitors deliver advanced branding tools.
The plugin is free to use though you have to pay from $12/month if you want to remove the branding.
WP Live Chat Support
The WP Live Chat Support is a beautiful chat plugin and offers an exceptional combination of features, with support for dozens of languages with the freedom to chat with your customers without you spending a dime.
If you missed a chat with any user for some reason this plugin will keep the record for it. This assists as quality control and a way to potentially follow up with customers.
- One of the most cost-effective live chat plugin,(Only one-time payment for premium features).
- You can integrate your live chat with translation and analytics tools.
- Unlimited simultaneous live chats
- Surveys, quizzes or polls can be added before or after your live chat.
- Limit the live chat box to only show to registered users
- Compatible with all caching plugins.
- Some users have complained about troublesome support from developers.
The plugin is free to use, premium addons cost from $39 for 1 website and $99 for unlimited websites for lifetime use though with only one year of updates.
Drift is not just a chat plugin but a smart bot as well. In fact, you can do much more with drift than just chatting with visitors. LeadBot is a powerful conversational bot that can ask your qualification questions and create leads in your CRM.
Drift has a free version, but it’s more just for individuals who would like to chat with their website visitors and features are quite limited. The free version looks nice for bloggers, small shops, and artists with portfolios.
As for the premium packages, it gets costly, up to $500 per month. However, you get some excellent features like pictures and names to understand which customers are talking to you.
- Notifications, Slack and Calendar integration.
- In-app messages and bots.
- An elegant, modern-looking, and fast solution.
- Mobile Apps to chat with users.
- The chatbot is super expensive
Drift offers free version along with two other plans i.e, Standard and Pro cost $50 and $500 per month respectively.
Facebook Messenger Live Chat
If you’re looking for a social alternative to regular live chatting, the Facebook Messenger Live Chat plugin is one of the best options. Since consumers spend more time on social media than on shopping sites, it makes sense to connect with them through Facebook.
This plugin integrates Facebook messenger into your WordPress site so you can manage everything from one dashboard. The plugin is free, but you are limited to whatever features Facebook offers you.
- Advanced live chat plugin for free.
- Social Buttons – encourage followers to join your site
- Promo Bar – to promote sales, products, blogs, new arrivals
- Social Mobile Tools – so customers can contact you on mobile
- You need to pay just to remove the branding of the plugin.
The premium option starts at $9.99 per month. premium plan offer features such as email capture popups, multisite support, banners or stickers. Most of these features aren’t needed most of the time, but the Zotabox branding in the free version might irritate some people
Live Chat by Formilla
Live Chat by Formilla is a sleek and professional-looking chat plugin. This is one of the best chat plugins although It’s more of a premium plugin than anything. it does provide a free plan for one customer support agent. That also only includes one concurrent chat, making the free plan very limited.
Formilla Live Chat plugin Premium packages allow you to customize your chat widgets to match your site. Change the color of the chat button/widget, chat message and font color, backgrounds, etc.
Upload your own online and offline live chat images to use in your header, footer, etc. to encourage customers to live chat!
- Beautiful design chat boxes.
- Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices
- Real-time Visitor Monitoring allows you to see the number of active visitors on your website.
- Multiple language support.
- Use simple keyboard shortcuts to access saved replies
- A free version is so limited you almost need to upgrade to a monthly plan.
LiveChat is a very convenient live chat plugin. LiveChat greets people with a nice chat box at the bottom of the page. After the conversation is done, your customers can leave feedback and grade their experience with your agent.
Users can also give you a shout-out on social media through the share buttons embedded in the chatbox itself.
LiveChat’s live chat app comes with a comprehensive set of features, including proactive chat invitations – so chat operators can automatically send personalized messages to appear based on specified conditions, such as the number of visited pages or time spent on the website.
Plus, it makes customer service more efficient by letting you hold multiple live chat sessions at the same time, sends canned responses to frequently asked questions, add chat tags, review chat transcripts and send files to customers through the live chat window.
- You can engage customers directly instead of waiting for them to contact you.
- The chat window can be customized easily.
- You get to control all conversations from a single dashboard – even if you have LiveChat set on more than one site.
- Each customer interaction is marked with colorful circles indicating how long the person has been waiting (this allows you to react faster).
- You get a full history of the previous chats.
- No free version, Plans start from $16 per month.
There is no free plan except 30 days trial if you want to use this plugin. Plans start from $16 per month for a basic plan if you pay annually or $19 for a month to month for the same plan.
If you are using Zendesk CRM this is the perfect plugin for you. Because It combines with Zendesk, a popular CRM. Therefore, you can strike up a conversation with a customer, get their information, try to make a sale, then log the entire interaction in the CRM.
The plugin has a free plan just for WordPress users. The package allows for one concurrent chat, a chat rating, and 14-day chat history. So, it’s really only best for very small companies.
- you can easily send customers to different departments.
- Find areas that can be optimized and more efficient with built-in live chat and ticket metrics.
- You can send pre-made answers to popular questions that can be recalled with just a few keystrokes.
- Not the best Interface, could be improved.
- Can’t remove branding unless you are okay to pay $59 per month.
JivoChat Live Chat
JivoChat is much more than just a regular Live Chat. A beautiful design is fast and easy to use. This plugin also has an inbuilt Callback request option which can help your team to close more sales.
You can also connect your Facebook Page, Viber, and Telegram account to Offer 360 degrees support to your customers.
- Unlimited chats sessions (in the free version)
- Customizable chat widget in 20 languages
- Mobile version of the chat widget
- Offline contact form
- Desktop, Mobile and Browser apps to manage chats
- Agent-to-agent chat
- Canned(pre-set) responses with an automatic helper
- Not many features in the
- Quite Expensive if you want support for more than one agent.
You can use the plugin for free but premium features will cost $12 per month per agent.
Intercom Live Chat takes live chat a step further by allowing you to create and publish help articles that you can share in your live chats. Targeted messages are also a part of the program, along with the standard lead generation tools in the live chatbox. It is elegant and customizable to a point.
- Great for bigger teams, with more than one agent or need an enterprise solution.
- Integrations such as CRM, educate portal, and operator bot.
- Want a free plugin but have more than one agent.
- Some customers complain plugin makes the website a little slower.
- Very damn expensive for the average users
It starts from $49 per month and goes all the way up to $202 per month.
That concludes our roundup of ten of the best live chat plugins for WordPress. And because most of the live chat plugins featured include some form of the free plan, you have no excuse not to give one a try!
Using a different live chat solution? Let us know in the comments below!